Cardiovascular, Featured
Loading Add to Favorites
Share
Tweet
Cite
Diagnostic Rule for Heart Failure
[select name="Q1" value="less than 60 (0 points)=0|60 to 70 (4 points)=4|70 to 80 (7 points)=7|greater than 80 (10 points)=10"] <-- Age (in years)
[select name="Q2" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (15 points)=15"] <-- MI, CABG, or PCI
[select name="Q3" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (10 points)=10"] <-- Loop diuretic
[select name="Q4" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (20 points)=20"] <-- Displaced apex beat
[select name="Q5" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (14 points)=14"] <-- Rales basal or more
[select name="Q6" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (11 points)=11"] <-- Irregularly irregular pulse
[select name="Q7" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (10 points)=10"] <-- Heart murmur suggestive of mitral regurgitation
[select name="Q8" value="60 or less (0 points)=0|61 (20.3 points)=20.3|62 (20.7 points)=20.7|63 (21 points)=21|64 (21.3 points)=21.3|65 (21.7 points)=21.7|66 (22 points)=22|67 (22.3 points)=22.3|68 (22.7 points)=22.7|69 (23 points)=23|70 (23.3 points)=23.3|71 (23.7 points)=23.7|72 (24 points)=24|73 (24.3 points)=24.3|74 (24.7 points)=24.7|75 (25 points)=25|76 (25.3 points)=25.3|77 (25.7 points)=25.7|78 (26 points)=26|79 (26.3 points)=26.3|80 (26.7 points)=26.7|81 (27 points)=27|82 (27.3 points)=27.3|83 (27.7 points)=27.7|84 (28 points)=28|85 (28.3 points)=28.3|86 (28.7 points)=28.7|87 (29 points)=29|88 (29.3 points)=29.3|89 (29.7 points)=29.7|90 (30 points)=30|91 (30.3 points)=30.3|92 (30.7 points)=30.7|93 (31 points)=31|94 (31.3 points)=31.3|95 (31.7 points)=31.7|96 (32 points)=32|97 (32.3 points)=32.3|98 (32.7 points)=32.7|99 (33 points)=33|100 (33.3 points)=33.3|101 (33.7 points)=33.7|102 (34 points)=34|103 (34.3 points)=34.3|104 (34.7 points)=34.7|105 (35 points)=35|106 (35.3 points)=35.3|107 (35.7 points)=35.7|108 (36 points)=36|109 (36.3 points)=36.3|110 (36.7 points)=36.7|111 (37 points)=37|112 (37.3 points)=37.3|113 (37.7 points)=37.7|114 (38 points)=38|115 (38.3 points)=38.3|116 (38.7 points)=38.7|117 (39 points)=39|118 (39.3 points)=39.3|119 (39.7 points)=39.7|120 and above (40 points)=40"] <-- Pulse rate (bpm)
[select name="Q9" value="absent (0 points)=0|present (12 points)=12"] <-- Elevated jugular venous pressure
[select name="Q10" value="less than 100 (0 points)=0|100 to 200 (8 points)=8|200 to 400 (16 points)=16|400 to 800 (24 points)=24|800 to 1600 (32 points)=32|1600 to 3200 (40 points)=40|greater than 3200 (48 points)=48"] <-- NT-proBNP (pg/mL)
Score --> [calc value="score1=(Q1)+(Q2)+(Q3)+(Q4)+(Q5)+(Q6)+(Q7)+(Q8)+(Q9)+(Q10)" memo="number"]
Recommendation --> [calc value="score2=(Q1)+(Q2)+(Q3)+(Q4)+(Q5)+(Q6)+(Q7)+(Q8)+(Q9)+(Q10);score2>63?'more than 80 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>54?'more than 70 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>23.9?'uncertain zone - 20 to 70 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>13?'less than 20 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':'less than 10 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule'" memo="interpretation"] [checkbox memo="display/hide references" name="footnotes" value=""][conditional field="footnotes" condition="(footnotes).isNot('')"]
Reference
[link url="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22104551" memo="#1"] Kelder JC, Cramer MJ, van Wijngaarden J, van Tooren R, Mosterd A, Moons KG, Lammers JW, Cowie MR, Grobbee DE, Hoes AW. The diagnostic value of physical examination and additional testing in primary care patients with suspected heart failure. Circulation. 2011 Dec 20;124(25):2865-73. [/conditional]
Diagnostic Rule for Heart Failure
<-- Age (in years)
<-- MI, CABG, or PCI
<-- Loop diuretic
<-- Displaced apex beat
<-- Rales basal or more
<-- Irregularly irregular pulse
<-- Heart murmur suggestive of mitral regurgitation
<-- Pulse rate (bpm)
<-- Elevated jugular venous pressure
<-- NT-proBNP (pg/mL)
Score --> numberscore1=(Q1)+(Q2)+(Q3)+(Q4)+(Q5)+(Q6)+(Q7)+(Q8)+(Q9)+(Q10)
Recommendation --> interpretationscore2=(Q1)+(Q2)+(Q3)+(Q4)+(Q5)+(Q6)+(Q7)+(Q8)+(Q9)+(Q10);score2>63?'more than 80 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>54?'more than 70 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>23.9?'uncertain zone - 20 to 70 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':score2>13?'less than 20 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule':'less than 10 percent probability of heart failure estimated by rule' display/hide references
Result - Copy and paste this output: