Axis I: 300.02 Generalized Anxiety Disorder
300.00 Anxiety Disorder NOS
309.24 Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety
1. Excessive and/or unrealistic worry that is difficult to control occurring more days than not for at least 6 months about a number of events or activities.
2. Motor tension (e.g., restlessness, tiredness, shakiness, muscle tension).
3. Autonomic hyperactivity (e.g.,palpitations, shortness of breath ,dry mouth trouble swallowing, nausea, diarrhea).
4. Hypervigilance (e.g., feeling constantly on edge, experiencing concentration difficulties, having trouble falling or staying asleep, exhibiting a general state of irritability).__.
1. Reduce overall frequency, intensity, and duration of the anxiety so that daily functioning is not impaired.
2. Stabilize anxiety level while increasing ability to function on a daily basis.
3. Resolve the core conflict that is the source of anxiety.
4. Enhance ability to effectively cope with the full variety of life’s anxieties.